“Mommy! I spilled!” bellowed our three-year-old Ryan. A delightful way to wake up on your one day off. I braced myself as I walked down the stairs, knowing that between Ryan’s lack of technique and boundless confidence, the situation was sure to be disastrous . . . I was greeted by a lake of milk that had taken up inhabitance between our kitchen door and the refrigerator, with a lone sippy cup stationed somewhere in the middle. While an overflowing up does not typically spark joy in most parents, this month, my cup is running over with blessings, and my heart is brimming with joy for all that the Lord is doing here in Peru!
Thank you so much for praying for our soccer outreach event. We had over two-hundred people in attendance, with over sixty of them being first-time visitors! A simple but clear Gospel presentation was given, and one young man accepted Christ as his Saviour! Now, the true work begins. With over sixty follow-up visits to make from the visitor information cards we received, I would ask you to please be praying for these visits. We have seen God use these visits in miraculous ways in the past, and we have faith that He will continue to overflow our cup with blessings from these visits.
For the past year, my wife has been meeting weekly with a group of young ladies to study the Bible. Jacqulyn has been very burdened for these girls and has been praying for them for a year now to accept Christ as their personal Saviour. This past month, two of the girls, Luana and Karina, both came to my wife individually to let her know that they had finally taken that step and had accepted Christ! It is always exciting to see someone accept Christ, but there is definitely something extra special about it when it is someone you have been praying for and working with for some time . . . Truly, our cup runneth over!
Anthony is a nineteen-year-old young man whom I first met while visiting his older brother. He was not super excited about church but decided to come with the promise of playing soccer afterward. As the weeks went by, Anthony continued to show up to church. We started studying the Bible together once a week in his house, and then last month, Anthony also made the decision to accept Christ as His Saviour! Each of these young people are now in discipleship, and I would ask you to please be praying for them as they continue to grow in Christ. God’s goodness and His blessings are truly overwhelming, and my cup runneth over!
Your Missionaries to Peru,
Mitch, Jacqulyn, Landon, and Ryan McCormack
- We are praising God that Anthony, Karina, Luana, and Louis who all accepted Christ this month!
- We are praising God for the over sixty visitors we had at our outreach event!
- We are now doing weekly discipleship with over 17 people in our church, and we are so excited to see how God is changing lives!
- Please continue praying for our church’s transportation needs, as we seek to help more people be able to come to church.
- We are starting new Bible studies with Willie, Estephany, Franco, and Chayla, all of whom are not saved. Please be praying for them to accept Christ!
- Please be praying for our next outreach event on December 17-18.